Saturday, December 10, 2011

Total Lunar Eclipse? Fail. Beautiful Sunrise? Check!

In the spirit of photography, Maxine and I decided to go out before the sunrise to take photos of the total lunar eclipse. When I picked her up, even her cats weren't awake. Sooo early! But alas, taking photos of an eclipsed moon proved harder than we expected, so I failed to come up with a photo that even looked like a moon. But I noticed the offshore oil rig was lit up in a beautiful setting, so the morning was not wasted. After a few shots, the fog behind the rig started forming these nice curves. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised that the photos came out so nice. We were pretty far away so I was zoomed all the way in with my 250mm lens. I couldn't decide which of these two to post, so you get both. 

2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable! You told me not to be jealous, but I can't help it. Those colors are out of this world. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously??? How did you do this?

    ReplyDelete