Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bacchus

This is Bacchus, he's a bearded dragon, and the god of the grape harvest, winemaking and wine, of ritual madness and ecstasy. He is the companion of my friend Nicole. Taking photos of a god is pretty hard. They don't like to sit still, but he did seem to like to be in the spotlight. Lighting was pretty tough for this one, the lighting in the room wasn't very good so we used a flashlight to illuminate him. As soon as we started using the flashlight, I really liked the affect because it isolated his face. I guess, now that I think of it, this was the shot that I had in mind when I first had the idea of photographing Bacchus. It's nice to do a photo shoot and end up with the photo you wanted. Oh, and a big thanks to Nicole for letting me take pictures of Bacchus, and for being such a good lighting assistant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment