Sunday, March 11, 2012

El Capitan State Beach

 Today, Maxine and I went photographerin at El Capitan State Beach, just north of Santa Barbara. We found some unexpectedly beautiful trails and views. The four calla lilies above were in a mostly shaded, tiny little meadow surrounded by huge trees with big branches that curved down to the ground. I took about 40 shots of these, trying to get the right photo. I had to use my external flash to light them up, which was super challenging, along with lining up the sun so it just peaked through. Then I repeated that technique for the shot below. The last two photos are rivulets formed on the beach from retreating water. Both photos look completely different if you rotate them 90 or 180 degrees.



1 comment:

  1. To be fair, I totally expected those trails and views to be beautiful! :) I especially like the first sand shot.

    ReplyDelete