Sunday, March 18, 2012

Snow in Santa Barbara

 It snowed in the mountains above Santa Barbara. Since I knew that my friend Maxine had never really seen snow in her life, I took her up into the mountains for some fun in the snow. She had an absolute blast! She threw snowballs, made a snow angel, and she built and eviscerated a snowman. Oh, and a very nice man loaned us a sled, so she got to sled for the very first time in her life. It was awesome. We didn't have our cameras out for very long because we were afraid of getting them wet, but I got a few good shots. The shot below shows how excited the locals were to see snow. There were quite a lot of people up there just for the snow.  


1 comment:

  1. God, you make it sound like I've lived in a snowless bubble my entire life (i.e., the opposite of a snow globe). For the record, that was the first time I'd ever really played in snow—I've seen/been in copious amounts of it. But anyway, yeah, that was pretty much the best day ever. And I'm glad you had the presence of mind to make sure your settings were correct, because I certainly didn't.

    ReplyDelete