Tuesday, October 25, 2011

You Are Feeling Very Sleepy

Tonight my friend Maxine and I were at a loss as to what to photograph. Luckily she's brilliant and came up with the idea of photographing a pocket watch swinging back and forth. I knew this would be quite challenging, so I agreed. It was very challenging. We had to set the camera up for a long exposure to catch the arc, and we had to use the flash to freeze the motion of the watch. Fortunately it was even more complicated than that, because we also had to sort out lighting and mach the exposure to the lighting. Oh, and we had to time the flash to catch the watch at a good spot, preferably a spot in the frame. Needless to say, this took a while and we took a ton of pics. But it was a lot of fun and I'm happy with the outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment