Friday, October 28, 2011

Vegas Glow

Today we drove to Red Rock Canyon outside of Las Vegas for some climbing and hiking over a 4 day weekend. We got there after sunset and I noticed how the glow from Vegas was illuminating the mountains, so I got my camera and tripod out and took some long exposure shots. The biggest challenge was getting the shots in focus, it's hard to focus on things in the dark. I'm pretty happy with how the photo came out though. This is the view from our campsite looking towards Red Rock Canyon. I kept the photo dark to give a more accurate view of how it looked in person. Lots, lots more photos of Red Rocks to come.

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! I especially like all the stars. I hope we get some good shots like this (although I guess less desert-y) when we go to Big Sur.

    ReplyDelete